Saturday, April 21, 2012

American Idiot

I love musicals. I love rock music. How could I resist a rock opera based on music by none other than Green Day? I used to love Green Day in high school. I don't care for their lyrics, but their music can sometimes be very beautiful. I first heard about the musical "American Idiot" when I was in New York a couple years ago. They were set to perform on Broadway, but I wasn't in NY by the time they arrived. Now they are in LA and I knew I had to go.


And it was the worst musical I've ever seen! Most of the time I couldn't figure out if there was an actual plot. It was just a lot of cursing, drugs, sex, and "f-ck the world, I'm gonna do my own thing." The content was weak, BUT I thoroughly enjoyed the music. Hearing female vocals in duet with the guys' made it so much more moving. But good thing I bought the discount tickets for this one. I guess I got what I paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment